Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Homemade Sidewalk Paint {Art Activity}

As a SAHM, I am always looking for fun and educational activities to keep my little girl busy.  We love library story time, gymnastics (when there are good deals), and playing at the park.  Baby C also loves to explore with art.  It doesn't always turn out the way I intend it to, but I guess it's the process not the product, that's important.

Since discovering that Baby C loves to use a paintbrush, I tried to find more fun activities that would help her with those fine-motor skills.  Here is what I found:

Homemade Sidewalk Paint

  • bowls
  • paintbrushes
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour 
  • food coloring
Mix water, flour, and food coloring.  And find a nice, clean sidewalk to paint on.  It's so much fun and looks just like sidewalk chalk when it dries.


Baby C enjoyed mixing all the paint colors, painting all over herself and saying hi to the neighbors as they passed by.  I have to admit, this was a pretty cool art project for me too! 

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It provided hours of fun. But very messy with a toddler. Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. I love it I hope you do not mind I pinned this because I do a craft group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks Stephanie! I don't mind at all.

      Delete
  3. I love the uncomplicated recipe. Will try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take pictures and share. :) The most complicated part is the clean up if J gets it all over himself like Baby C. Just throw him in the tub when done.

      Delete
  4. This is a great activity. Please stop by and post a link on the first ever Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3. It is open all day today PST. It is a new linky for arts crafts and play activities for children.

    : 0 ) Theresa
    http://www.multiples-mom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Theresa! I would be happy to link up. :)

      Delete
  5. ive never tried making my own sidewalk paint! awesome idea! guess what I'll be doing this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kids will have a blast with it!

      Delete
  6. As a former preschool teacher, I still love finding new craft/art ideas and my grandchildren love them! The homemade sidewalk paint is a winner, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing, my children would have so much fun painting the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our 4-hers would love this!- livivua on rafflecopter

    ReplyDelete